- A 4% topical minocycline foam (FMX101) demonstrated efficacy and safety for treatment of moderate to severe acne vulgaris in a phase 3 trial.
Why this matters
- Topical formulation may help minimize systemic adverse effects associated with oral administration.
- FMX101 was associated with a greater reduction in inflammatory lesion number (16.93 vs 13.40; P<.0001 compared with vehicle at weeks. style="list-style-type:circle;">
- Similar results were found at 6 weeks (13.09 vs 9.57; P<.0001 and weeks vs>
- 1488 patients with moderate to severe acne vulgaris were randomly assigned to receive FMX101 4% (N=738) or foam vehicle (N=750) for 12 weeks.
- Funding: Foamix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Patient with mild acne not included.