- Dalantercept plus axitinib (Inlyta) demonstrated a favorable safety profile and clinically meaningful antitumor activity in patients with previously treated renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Dual angiogenic blockade is appealing considering the limited duration of activity of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitors due to the development of resistance.
- 62% of participants had ≥2 prior therapies.
- No dose-limiting toxicities, grade 4/5 drug-related adverse events (AEs), or serious bleeding in dose-escalation cohorts.
- Common treatment-emergent AEs included fatigue, diarrhea, peripheral edema, nausea, increased creatinine, epistaxis, pericardial effusion, and telangiectasias.
- Pericardial and pleural effusions occurred in 21% and 14%, respectively, and were deemed to be possibly related to dalantercept.
- 7 (25.0%) patients ac...