- Lenalidomide-rituximab achieved an overall response rate (ORR) of 73% and a complete response rate of 45% in patients with relapsed/refractory follicular lymphoma (FL) and marginal zone lymphoma (MZL), including patients with rituximab-refractory/double-refractory disease and early relapse status.
Why this matters
- Earlier data from the MAGNIFY study served as the basis for the recent approval of the regimen by the FDA.
- Interim analysis of the phase 3b MAGNIFY study of 12 induction cycles of lenalidomide-rituximab (R2), followed by 1:1 randomization in patients with stable disease or better to continued R2 vs rituximab maintenance.
- Patients had received a median of 2 prior systemic treatments.
- Funding: Celgene Corporation.
- 80% of patients have grade 1-3a FL; 20% have MZL.
- Lenalidomide-rituximab induction yielded 73% ORR; rate of complete response/complete response unconfirmed (CR/CRu), 45%.
- Rituximab-refractory disease: 63% ORR; 40% CR/CRu.
- Double-refractory disease: 51% ORR; 27% CR/CRu.
- Patients with early relapse: 69% ORR; 50% CR/CRu.
- Median PFS, 36 months.
- Most common grade 3-4 adverse events included neutropenia (34%), thrombocytopenia (6%), and leukopenia (5%).
- Open-label design.