- Meta-analysis results of three trials show odds of ventricular tachycardia (VT) recurrence are 53% reduced with ablation vs non-ablation therapies in patients with ischemic heart disease.
- Three trials, 262 patients had ablation (n=129) or non-ablative interventions (beta-blockers±antiarrhythmics) (n=133).
- Cumulative OR for recurrent VT, 0.471 (95% CI, 0.176–1.257) for ablation vs non-ablative therapies.
- Cumulative OR for death, 0.766 (95% CI, 0.351–1.674).
- Meta-analysis, RCTs.
Why this matters
- Catheter ablation may be better than non-ablative strategies at preventing implantable cardioverter defibrillator shocks for ventricular arrhythmias.