- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) at a biologically equivalent dose (BED10Gy) ≥100 Gy offered better rates of local control (LC) and OS than (BED10Gy)
Why this matters
- Prior studies yielded conflicting results about the benefit of SBRT in centrally located NSCLC.
- Meta-analysis of 13 studies with 599 patients with centrally located NSCLC who received SBRT.
- Funding: National Research Fund of Korea.
- Pooled 1-, 2-, and 3-year OS was 86.1%, 64.0%, and 50.5%, respectively.
- Pooled 1-, 2-, and 3-year LC was 91.3%, 82.2%, and 72.2%, respectively.
- Pooled grade ≥3 complication rate was 9.1%.
- BED10Gy ≥100 Gy was associated with better OS at 1, 2, and 3 years than BED10Gy
- ≥100 Gy: 88.4%, 66.9%, and 53.0%, respectively.
- Analysis included only observational studies.