- The Adult Comorbidity Evaluation-27 (ACE-27) score is associated with cancer-specific survival (CSS) in patients aged ≥70 years with locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC).
Why this matters
- Better prognostic tools can help guide patient management.
- ACE-27 score ≥2 was associated with reduced CSS in multivariate analysis (HR, 2.359; P<.001 style="list-style-type:circle;">
- ACE-27 score was also associated with OS (HR, 2.350; P<.001 pfs p and locoregional relapse-free survival>
- 206 patients aged ≥70 years with locoregionally advanced NPC who received IMRT with or without chemotherapy were analyzed for CSS and associations with ACE-27 score.
- Funding: National Key R&D Program of China; National Natural Science Foundation of China; Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou City; National Key Basic Research Program of China, Guangdong Province; others.
- Retrospective study with short follow-up.