- Improvement in reported endometriosis-rated pain with elagolix is related to improved QoL and productivity among those who respond to the treatment.
Why this matters
- Symptoms from endometriosis can negatively effect health-related QoL (HRQoL) and productivity.
- Elagolix, an oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist, has been shown to manage endometriosis-related pain.
- Women enrolled in studies with moderate-to-severe endometriosis-related pain who were clinical responders also experienced a meaningful improvement in QoL score and productivity while nonresponders did not.
- Post hoc analysis from 2 Elaris Endometriosis (EM-I and EM-II) phase 3, randomised, placebo-controlled studies.
- Women with a surgical diagnosis of endometriosis-associated pain (n=1686) were enrolled.
- Outcomes were measured with validated questionnaires; HRQoL was measured using the Endometriosis Health Profile-30, and productivity was measured using the Health-Related Productivity Questionnaire.
- Funding: AbbVie, Inc.
- Some cases of pain may have been misdiagnosed as endometriosis-related pain.