- Patients with psoriasis are at increased risk of end-stage renal disease (ESRD), although this association is not found in patients who received systemic treatment, according to a population study.
- Psoriasis was associated with increased risk of ESRD in adjusted analysis (HR, 1.58; P<.001>
- Psoriatic arthritis was associated with a further increased risk of ESRD in adjusted analysis (HR, 7.60; P<.001>
- In subgroup, psoriasis was significantly associated with ESRD risk in patients who did not receive systemic treatment (HR, 1.60; P<.001 but not in patients who received systemic treatment ci>
- Patients treated with acitretin (Soriatane) had a reduced risk of ESRD (HR, 0.576; 95% CI, 0.385-0.863) compared with patients who did not receive systemic treatment.
- 2,121,228 adult subjects, 530,307 with psoriasis, were analysed for ESRD risk.
- Funding: National Research Foundation of the Republic of Korea.
- Observational study of large database.