- Facial psoriasis is associated with reduced health-related QoL (HRQoL), while ixekizumab (IXE) treatment is associated with facial clearance.
Why this matters
- Combined results of UNCOVER-2 and UNCOVER-3 trials suggest the efficacy of ixekizumab for facial psoriasis, which is linked to QoL.
- Clearance of facial psoriasis was associated with improved Dermatology Life Quality Index 0-1 response (P<.01 for ixe every wk and psoriasis skin appearance bothersomeness score compared with not achieving facial clearance.>
- IXE treatment was associated with increased facial clearance (84.1% for every 2 wk, 78.7% for every 4 wk) compared with etanercept (67.9%; P<.001 vs ixe wk and p every placebo>
- 2570 patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis, 1133 with facial psoriasis and 1437 without, were randomly assigned to placebo, etanercept twice-weekly, or ixekizumab every 4 wk or every 2 wk and analyzed for outcomes at 12 wk.
- Combined results of 2 phase 3 multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, active-comparator trials.
- Funding: Eli Lilly and Company.
- No measure of site or severity of facial psoriasis.