- Most survivors of gynecologic cancer would like weight management counseling from oncologists and believe it to be effective and not deleterious.
- Obesity is increasingly prevalent among cancer survivors; these data highlight the need for increased oncologist involvement in weight management counseling.
- 244 patients with gynecologic cancer (38% endometrial, 37% ovarian, 16% cervical, 8% other) treated at an ambulatory clinic completed surveys that included health and weight history and weight management counseling perceptions; 69% were overweight/obese.
- Funding: National Cancer Institute.
- The majority (80%) of the cohort viewed their primary care physician as their main healthcare provider; 14% said it was their gynecologic oncologist, and 3% their obstetrician/gynecologist.
- "While mo...