- Preoperative neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) and postoperative monocyte-to-lymphocyte ratio (MLR) are independently associated with survival of patients with laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) after resection.
Why this matters
- Better understanding of prognostic markers can help guide patient management.
- Preoperative NLR (HR, 2.53; P<.001 platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio mlr and alkaline phosphatase were associated with os in univariate analysis. style="list-style-type:circle;">
- Preoperative NLR was associated with OS in multivariate analysis (HR, 1.64; P=.026).
- 361 patients with laryngeal SCC who underwent resection were analyzed for inflammatory markers and survival.
- Funding: None.
- Retrospective, single-center study.