- Among patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, 22.7% achieved complete skin clearance after 6 months of biologic treatment, according to a real-world study (PSO-BIO-REAL).
Why this matters
- These results suggest an unmet need for more effective psoriasis treatment.
- At 6 months, 22.7% of patients had achieved complete skin clearance.
- At 12 months, 26.1% of patients had achieved complete skin clearance.
- Biologic-treated patients had lower rates of complete skin clearance compared with biologic-naive patients:
- At 6 months: 19.6% vs 24.9%.
- At 12 months: 19.5% vs 30.4%.
- 846 patients from 5 countries were included, all with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- 40% of patients were biologic-experienced and 60% of patients were biologic-naive.
- Funding: Amgen/AstraZeneca; LEO Pharma.