- Tumor expression of PD-L1 is associated with reduced OS and PFS in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC).
Why this matters
- Prognostic factors can help guide patient management.
- PD-L1 expression was detected in 87.6% of biopsy tissue.
- 11.0% of patients had 0% PD-L1 expression, 14.3% of patients had 1%-5% PD-L1 expression, 47.4% had 5%-49% PD-L1 expression, and 26% had ≥50% PD-L1 expression.
- In survival analysis, PD-L1 expression ≥50% was associated with reduced OS (P<.001 and pfs compared with pd-l1 expression style="list-style-type:circle;">
- PD-L1 expression was associated with OS in multivariate analysis (HR, 2.361; P<.001>
- BRAF status was not associated with OS in multivariate analysis (HR, 1.349; P=.218).
- 154 patients with NPC who received standard treatment, including radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy, were included.
- Funding: Science and Technology Development Fund of Macau.
- Retrospective study.
- No multivariate analysis of PFS.