- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) recommends olaparib as a maintenance treatment in adults with relapsed, platinum-sensitive, high-grade epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer.
- Olaparib is recommended as an option for maintenance treatment if the patient harbors a BRCA1/2 mutation and has received ≥3 lines of platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Olaparib meets NICE's end-of-life criteria for this recommendation, and it is cost-effective and therefore recommended for routine use.
- Olaparib is recommended for use within the Cancer Drugs Fund as an option for maintenance treatment in patients with BRCA1/2 mutation who have received 2 prior lines of platinum-based chemotherapy and if the conditions in the managed access agreement for olaparib are followed.
- Olaparib does not meet NICE's end-of-life criteria for this recommendation; the cost-effectiveness estimates are uncertain because OS data are not yet available.