- An analysis of the Know Your Tumor program shows better survival when patients with actionable mutations receive matched therapies.
Why this matters
- The study found an associated survival benefit of more than a year, longer than the time observed with any other therapeutic modality.
- Retrospective analysis of the Know Your Tumor Program (N=1082; pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, adenosquamous carcinoma, acinar cell carcinoma).
- Funding: Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, Perthera.
- 26% of samples had an actionable molecular alteration.
- Outcomes were available for 677 patients.
- 189 had actionable molecular alterations.
- Median follow-up, 383 (interquartile range, 214-588) days.
- 46 of 189 patients with actionable molecular alterations received targeted therapy.
- Patients with actionable molecular alterations had longer median OS with matched vs unmatched therapy:
- 2.58 vs 1.51 years (HR, 0.42; P=.0004).
- Matched therapy also had significantly longer overall survival in patients with actionable molecular alterations than in patients without:
- 2.58 years vs 1.32 years (HR, 0.34, p<.0001>
- Median OS did not differ significantly between patients who received unmatched therapies with and those without actionable molecular alterations.
- Retrospective analysis.
- Small sample sizes.