- Patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA) had increased prevalence/severity of coronary atherosclerosis compared with control patients.
- Disease duration increased the risk.
- First large cohort study to compare prevalence, burden, and severity of coronary atherosclerosis in patients with PsA vs control patients.
- 90 patients with PsA attending the outpatient clinic of the Prince of Wales Hospital (PWH) recruited.
- Control patients were 240 age- and sex-matched individuals without known cardiovascular disease evaluated for coronary atherosclerosis with coronary CT angiography (CCTA) between 2010 and 2016 selected from the PWH database.
- Funding: Health and Medical Research Fund.
- Calcified plaque (CP), mixed plaque (MP), noncalcified plaque (NCP), and combined MP/NCP were more prevalent in patients with PsA than i...