- Risankizumab (Skyrizi) shows superior efficacy to adalimumab (Humira) in patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis, according to the multinational phase 3 IMMvent trial.
Why this matters
- This is the first head-to-head trial comparing these 2 biologic therapies for psoriasis.
- Risankizumab was associated with better efficacy compared with adalimumab at week 16.
- 72% vs 47% of patients achieved ≥90% improvement in Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI-90) (P<.0001>
- 84% vs 60% of patients achieved static Physician’s Global Assessment (sPGA) scores of clear or almost clear (P<.0001>
- 605 patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis were randomly assigned to risankizumab (n=301) or adalimumab (n=304) through 16 weeks.
- At week 16, 102 patients with an intermediate response to adalimumab were re-randomly assigned to risankizumab (n=51) or adalimumab (n=51) through week 44.
- Funding: AbbVie, Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Prolonged interval between final dose and final assessment.