- A systematic review identifies several prognostic factors associated with survival and recurrence outcomes of patients with sinonasal melanoma.
Why this matters
- Sinonasal melanoma is a rare cancer type, and clinicopathological and prognostic factors are poorly understood.
- 5-year OS was 30.69%.
- 32.1% of patients experienced recurrence.
- Age >67.6 years (P=.0042), stage IV disease (P=.0026 vs stage IA), radiotherapy (P=.0111 vs radical surgery), recurrence (P=.0137), and distant metastasis (P=.0011) were associated with poor survival outcomes.
- Age >67.6 years (P=.0021), male sex (P=.0051), disease stage III/IV (P=.0331), and amelanotic histological type (P=.0095) were associated with recurrence.
- 73 publications with 439 patients with sinonasal melanoma were included.
- Funding: None.
- Heterogeneity between included studies.