- QoL was no different between tucatinib and placebo in patients with HER2+ metastatic breast cancer in the HER2CLIMB trial.
- Previous reports indicated that tucatinib prolonged PFS and OS.
Why this matters
- Findings should be reassuring to patients.
- Randomized controlled trial of tucatinib + trastuzumab + capecitabine compared with placebo + trastuzumab + capecitabine (n=330) over the course of treatment every 2 or 3 cycles.
- QoL was measured by European Quality of Life - 5 Dimensions - 5 Levels (EQ-5D-5L) and visual analog scale (VAS) measuring pain.
- 5 domains are mobility, self-care, usual activities, pain/discomfort, and anxiety/depression.
- 5 levels were no, slight, moderate, severe, or extreme.
- Funding: Seattle Genetics.
- No differences between groups across all 5 dimensions of the EQ-5D-5L.
- QoL and VAS were stable across the duration of treatment for both groups.
- Decline in EQ-5D-5L was not observed for either group.
- Data were available for only half of the total patients (330 of 612 patients).