- In patients with newly diagnosed or rituximab-naive low-grade B-cell lymphoma (LGBCL), intensified rituximab (Rituxan) induction and maintenance delivered tolerable, impressive efficacy
Why this matters
- Risk scoring systems such as Sokal and European Treatment and Outcome Study (EUTOS) currently incorporate peripheral blood (PB) parameters.
- Phase 2 study to investigate the safety and efficacy of rituximab (Rituxan) as 8 weekly doses of induction and 2 y maintenance therapy in 36 patients with newly diagnosed or rituximab-naive LGBCL.
- Funding: Grant-in-Aid for Clinical Research from the National Hospital Organization.
- 77.8% completed therapy.
- 83.3% overall response rate.
- 72.2% complete response rate.
- 76.7% 3-y PFS.
- 97.0% 3-y OS.
- No significant difference in 3-y OS by tumor burden (P=.094).
- 5 patients experienced grade 3 adverse events.
- Limited sample size.