- Younger age is associated with increased mortality risk of patients with American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) stage II differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC).
Why this matters
- Stage II patients are often perceived as low-risk and receive conservative treatment.
- Using AJCC versions 6.0 and 7.0, age
- DTC-specific survival for patients with stage II disease aged
- Patients with DTC from the USA Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database were included.
- Funding: NIH.
- Retrospective analysis of large database.