- Clinical stage, surgery type, histology, neurological deficits, and marital status are associated with QoL in patients with thyroid cancer who underwent thyroidectomy.
Why this matters
- QoL is an important consideration in patients treated for thyroid cancer.
- At 3 months, mean overall QoL was 65.93/100 on the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality of Life Questionnaire Core 30.
- Higher clinical stage (P<.001 surgery type thyroidectomy vs lobectomy p histology papillary neurological deficits and marital status married were associated with decreased qol in multivariate analysis.>
- 286 patients with thyroid cancer who underwent thyroidectomy were analyzed for factors associated with QoL.
- Funding: None.
- Limited follow-up duration.
- Observational study design.